Electrode Manipulators Models 1460, 1460-61
Manipulator 100 micron resolution
Kopf Electrode Manipulators are designed to manipulate stereotaxic drills, cannula insertion kits, micro injectors and other Kopf stereotaxic accessories.
The Kopf design enables two manipulators to be placed side by side with bases touching. Each manipulator position can be articulated independently without disturbing the other. This is because of the narrow width of the slides and strategic placement of the screw-adjusting knobs. The end of the lateral slide has a precision “V” groove and locking thread to which electrode holders and accessory equipment may be attached quickly and easily.
Model 1460 Electrode Manipulator
Manipulator X, Z adjustment – 80 mm travel calibrated 0.1 mm vernier scale (100 micron increments), 3.0 mm advance per revolution. Manipulator Y adjustment – Manual adjustment 100 mm each side of zero (A/P bar) 0.1 mm vernier scale. Angle adjustment – Fully universal joint calibrated on two planes for access from any angle. Vertical alignment pin can be removed for angled settings from 0° – 90° either side of vertical, 2° increments. Manipulator swivel design has been improved with a locking mechanism for off-plane presentations. A precision t-bolt locking mechanism will insure that manipulator angle is held firmly in place to provide positive angle presentations.
Rotation adjustment – Manipulator swivel base can be rotated up to 360°. Manipulator X/Z axis can be repositioned at 90° increments.
Model 1460-61 Micro Manipulator with Fine Adjustment A/P Slide Assembly
includes all specifications listed above with the additional feature of a screw-driven A/P plane for fine resolution.
Manipulator Y adjustment – Metric scale 25 mm travel. Calibrated dial – 10 micron increments, 1.0 mm of travel per revolution. Manual adjustment – 100 mm each side of zero (A/P bar) 0.1 mm vernier scale.
Standard Accessories Model 1460 Electrode Manipulator includes:
- Model 1770 Standard Electrode Holder with corner clamp
- Model 1460-61 Electrode Manipulator includes:
- Model 1778 Electrode Holder with corner clamp
- Models 1460 and 1460-61 are for use with Models 1430 and 1530 stereotaxic frames. (18.70 mm A/P Bar)
Models 1460-LB and 1460-61-LB series fit Models 1730 Intracellular Frame. (21.65 mm A/P Bar)
Model 1460 Manipulator can be upgraded to include the fine adjustment A/P slide assembly. Call factory for details.
- The most accurate, versatile and maintenance free manipulators available.
- Vernier scales assure unmatched accuracy
- and repeatability.
- Simple to operate and does not require allen wrenches for use.
- Able to support accessory equipment.
- Positive screw locks and precision construction to assure efficiency and reliability.